For Mother’s Day, we teamed with Dyson on a transitional (read: the first becomes the second) style “for her” that will make mom look stellar and are easy to create at home (even with kids around and a million to-dos). Both use the brand’s bestselling Supersonic hairdryer, available in a gift edition ($500) that features an all-over fuchsia colourway and comes with a 1.4-inch round brush and detangling comb. —Vita Daily
Look 1: Smooth Round-Brush Blow Dry
Note: Apply any products you wish for your hair type and texture.
- Using the Dyson Supersonic hairdryer with the smoothing nozzle, rough-dry the hair on high heat and high airflow until 75 per cent dry.
- Place your part using the Dyson detangling comb, then section the hair into manageable quadrants.
- Switch out the smoothing-nozzle attachment for the styling concentrator and bring your heat and airflow settings to medium. The styling concentrator delivers a focused blade of air perfect for brush work!
- Using the Dyson 35-mm vented round brush, take subsections the diameter of the brush barrel and come underneath the hair to start to lift and smooth. For more volume, pull the hair in an upward direction with the round brush; for less volume, pull the hair in an outward and down motion with the round brush.
- Work to dry out the root area of the section around the round brush before moving to the middle and ends of the hair.
- Smooth hair around the round brush as you move toward the ends and roll the brush in your hand to encourage the ends of your hair around the round-brush barrel.
- Use the cold-shot button to lock in style and texture and add shine.
Look 2: Perfect Ponytail
Note: The round-brush blow dry supports an effortless transition to a perfect ponytail.
- Using the Dyson detangling comb, part your hair down the centre and comb to tuck hair behind the ears.
- Continue to comb and gather the hair in the centre back of the head a few inches off the hairline.
- Place a hair elastic around the hair and tighten to create a bit of lift in the ponytail.
- Place the smoothing nozzle on the Dyson Supersonic hairdryer and bring your heat and speed settings to low. Use the airflow to smooth down any flyaways or baby hairs and finish with a desired finishing spray.