Skin flooding is a skincare technique that involves saturating the skin with a hydrating liquid, such as water or a toner, to boost skin hydration and enhance product absorption. The idea behind skin flooding is to create a moist environment on the skin that allows it to better absorb the products you apply afterward.
Here’s how to do skin flooding:
- Start with clean, dry skin. If you’re wearing makeup, remove it first.
- Take a hydrating liquid, such as water or a toner, and saturate a cotton pad or a facial cloth with it.
- Hold the saturated cotton pad or cloth against your skin for a few seconds, then move it around your face, pressing gently as you go. The idea is to completely saturate your skin with the liquid.
- Continue to saturate your skin with the liquid for about 1-2 minutes, or until you feel like your skin is fully hydrated.
- Once you’ve finished skin flooding, follow up with your regular skincare routine. The moist environment created by the skin flooding technique should help your skin better absorb your other skincare products.
It’s worth noting that skin flooding may not be suitable for all skin types. If you have extremely sensitive or reactive skin, it’s best to consult with a dermatologist before trying this technique. Additionally, if you’re using a toner, make sure it doesn’t contain any harsh or irritating ingredients that could cause irritation or dryness. —Vita Daily