By following these steps, you can achieve sparkling, clean windows that let in lots of natural light and enhance the overall appearance of your home. —Vita Daily
- Gather your supplies: You’ll need a squeegee, a bucket of warm water, a cleaning solution (such as a commercial window cleaner or a mixture of vinegar and water), a microfiber cloth or a chamois, and some old newspaper.
- Remove any dirt or debris: Use a soft-bristled brush or a vacuum to remove any dirt, dust, or debris from the window frame and sill.
- Apply the cleaning solution: Spray the cleaning solution onto the windowpane, or use a damp sponge or cloth to apply it. Be sure to cover the entire surface of the glass.
- Wipe the glass: Use the squeegee to wipe the glass from top to bottom, starting at one side of the window and working your way across. Be sure to wipe the blade clean after each pass.
- Dry the glass: Use a microfiber cloth or chamois to dry the glass and remove any streaks or drips.
- Polish the glass: To give your windows an extra shine, use crumpled newspaper to polish the glass. The ink in the newspaper helps to remove any remaining streaks or smudges.
- Repeat on the other side: If you have double-hung windows, repeat the process on the other side of the glass.