The heat is on! Here are five fun and refreshing summer sprinkler games for kids:
- Water Limbo: Set up a sprinkler that creates an arc of water, similar to a limbo stick. Play some music and have the kids take turns going under the sprinkler without getting wet. Gradually lower the height of the water arc to increase the challenge.
- Splash Tag: This game is a wet and wild version of tag. Have one person be “it” and armed with a water gun or spray bottle. The person who is “it” tries to tag the other players by spraying them with water. Once tagged, the player becomes “it” and the game continues.
- Water Balloon Toss: Fill up water balloons and have the kids pair up. They stand facing each other and toss the water balloon back and forth, taking a step back after each successful catch. The pair that tosses the balloon the farthest distance without it bursting wins.
- Sprinkler Limbo: Set up a traditional sprinkler that shoots water upwards. Play some music and have the kids take turns doing the limbo dance under the sprinkler spray. Lower the sprinkler height after each round to increase the difficulty. The last one to successfully limbo wins.
- Duck, Duck, Splash: This game is a water-filled twist on the classic “Duck, Duck, Goose” game. Have the kids sit in a circle while one child walks around, tapping each person on the head and saying “duck.” Instead of saying “goose,” the child says “splash” and dumps a cup of water on the chosen person’s head. The splashed child then chases the other child around the circle, trying to tag them before they take the empty spot.
These games will provide hours of laughter and cooling fun for kids during hot summer days. Ensure proper supervision and safety measures while playing with water to avoid any accidents or slips. —Vita Daily